I feel like I use this blog to record my life and not what I intended initially. So here I will make an conscious effort to gather my thoughts and set some feasible goals before I become too "off track".
Goals:
-work amap
-go vegan
-eliminate all fairweather friends
-get involved
-maximize powerlifting
-start training
-inquire about college
-acquire a new piece
-find a new castle
-purchase a scooter
-build a bike
-start a band
-Italy
Today as I was walking to my friends house in Jackson Ward, I had an encounter with a homeless man. His name was Clevo. Clevo appeared to be in his 50s. He had short brown hair matted down by a crusted beanie. His shoes were wore down to the sole with several holes. His jeans were every color but denim. His bob marley 'legend' t-shirt set the whole outfit off. Clevo spoke of many things. He told me about his experiences, travels and street wisdom. He told me "a man can love the streets but just like God, they will never love him back". Interesting...but what struck me the hardest was his ability to see right through me. This complete stranger could tell and knew I was disdain and pissed off at anything and everything. And that makes me wonder, am I that easy to read on the surface? Do people know why I'm passionate and slightly militant without a question or word uttered? I feel so shallow and disposable sometimes.
jwxxx
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I liked this. I like that you're interesting, and reflective, and anything but dull.
Post a Comment